The agreement on the establishment of the Russian-Chinese Business Council was signed on October 14, 2004 in Beijing during the official visit of the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin in the presence of the heads of state of Russia and China.
The Russian-Chinese Business Council was created to promote and support bilateral economic projects, as well as to facilitate the development of cooperation between Russian and Chinese business communities.
The main objectives of the Russian-Chinese Business Council are:
- Establishing of direct business contacts between entrepreneurs of Russia and China;
- Implementation of joint trade, economic and investment projects;
- Protection of mutual investments;
- Corporate dispute management.
The Russian-Chinese Business Council brings together the largest Russian enterprises, associations and unions of entrepreneurs doing business with China.
The Russian-Chinese Business Council operates under the auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.With the support of the Russian-Chinese Business Council, a number of large-scale economic projects have been successfully implemented, including:
Timchenko Gennady Nikolaevich
Chairman of the Russian-Chinese Business Council since 2014. Founder and main shareholder of the investment company Volga Group. Volga Group
- 1981 – 1992 – Secondary School No. 9 with depth study of the Chinese language, Vladivostok.
- 1992 – 1997 – Far Eastern State Academy of Economics and Management, Vladivostok. Qualification – Economist, specialty – External relations, economics and enterprise management.
- 2004 – 2010 – Sretenskaya Theological Seminary.
- 2007 – 2010 – Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, Faculty of International Relations. Qualification – “International Relations”.
- 2011 – Awarded with the civil service rank “Active State Advisor of the III class”.
- 2006 – 2012 – Administration of the Primorsky Territory of the Russian Federation. Assistant to the Governor of the Primorsky Territory.
- 2012 – 2013 – Ministry of Regional Development of the Russian Federation – Assistant to the Minister of Regional Development of the Russian Federation – Chief of Staff to the Minister.
- 2013 – 2020 – STROYGAZMONTAZH JSC – Advisor to the Director-General for Cooperation with the Asia-Pacific Region.
- January 2010 until now – International Relations Assistant to Metropolitan of Pskov and Porkhov Tikhon (Shevkunov) – Secretary of the Patriarchal Council for Culture, Co-Chairman of the Church-Public Council for Protection from the Alcohol Threat.
- 20.01.2021 – until now – NP “Russian-Chinese Business Council” – Executive Director, Member of the Governing Board.